Monday, February 23, 2009

My favorite things (I)

I know, I know, I spin myself as the anti-consumerist. But what I really am is discriminating. Every now and then I try something and find myself unexpectedly amazed. So here's the current list of stuff & services I love: 


Ultimate Ears Super.Fi 4 headphones. Seriously. They fit perfectly, and the minute I put them on the outside world just faded away, leaving me with only the Scissor Sisters for company. And that was with the volume on my computer dialed down to level one. I can't even hear myself type, must less the people chattering away around me. 

Virgin America airlines. Such good customer service that if they didn't have seats on my monthly flight to NY, I'd probably reschedule. 

Monica at DS Newman salon. She cuts my hair such that it looks good even though I never blow-dry and only get it cut twice a year. I don't actually know how this is possible, but wow is it wonderful. 

Last.fm. All I'm listening to right now (other than my husband's DJ-ing on our home stereo, but I can't take him to work with me unfortunately). And their Android app works with no hiccups when I go to the gym! 

Le Creuset and Lodge cast-iron cookware. I have abandoned all other pots and pans. Also, these two are pretty much opposite ends of the cost spectrum, which amuses me. 

No comments: