Monday, February 09, 2009

Dear Sprint: Your billing is deceptive and unethical. I'm never using you again. And I'm telling my friends.

To: dan@sprint.com

Hi. I'm writing to object to the way Sprint handles billing for closed accounts which are out of the contract period.

I was a satisfied Sprint customer several times over the past few years, but when I cancelled my account, Sprint charged me for an entire month's service even though I only used three days. I am now *very* unlikely to ever use Sprint again. I certainly wouldn't recommend it to a friend - even though Sprint had great call quality & data speed!

And no, not all your competitors do this. Verizon doesn't do this. I once cancelled a Verizon account (to switch to Sprint, actually!), and they very nicely prorated my final month. So the next time I want a phone, Verizon's on my good-company list. And because you didn't prorate that final month, Sprint isn't even a possibility.

I know Sprint's been working hard on improving customer satisfaction, and fixing this policy so that you prorate billing for a customer's final month - not just for me but for everyone who cancels - would be a pretty easy way to do it. Even if you're short on cash, is it really worth knowing that you're not on my shopping list the next time I want a new phone? It's pretty common for people to switch carriers. Don't you want people like me to switch back to you? I seriously doubt I'm the only person who thinks this is not OK.

My account number is [xxxxxxxxx] if you want to fix things. Although what I'd really like is a refund, AND an apology, AND hearing that you've changed this practice.

I'm very disappointed.

Sincerely,
I.E.

No comments: