Saturday, June 21, 2008

Housework June 21: 3 hours

I know, huge jump. Here's how it breaks down: 


1 hour: general kitchen-cleaning-up + breakfast-making (tea, toast, fruit). Yeah, that's a long time, but there were a bunch of piled-up dishes kind of everywhere. 

2 hours: more kitchen-cleaning-up + dinner-making (curried cauliflower & sweet pea soup, with a side of sauteed beets with lime; very yummy, but the first time I'd made either one so it took forever). Then after dinner I decided this was a good time to clean all the counters, the stove, the pans I didn't get around to earlier, etc. I may be overestimating slightly but not much. 

What's not included: the hour and a half or so my guy and I spent figuring out what pieces of art we want to hang. We've been in the house a year and a half so it seemed like a good time to sort out our interior decor :) Also not included: the time I spent in the yard mulling over why exactly the gardeners saw fit to remove my grapevine, while leaving intact the giant palm-like shrub with sharp poky fronds which extends threateningly halfway across the front walk. Yeah, I know, that's what you get for such a lazy, bourgeois setup as having gardeners, but it's not my choice; we rent, remember, so it's a property management co thing. If it was up to me I wouldn't have a gardener. I'd have one of those no-electric-power push lawnmowers and develop an incredibly buff upper body by manicuring our tiny lawn half to death.  

No comments: