Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Up to bat

This morning I met again with the head of the team I want to join. "Is there any news on my transferring in?" I asked. "Sorry to push; it keeps coming up."

"I know I know!" he said. "There's some good news, and some things I still don't know. I got my boss to write a recommendation for you, which may help but I don't know how much. It has worked at least once in the past. I should let you know you shouldn't get your hopes up. I put your name in for the first step, but ... wait a second, we may be able to get some real-time feedback." He paused to type something into a chat window. I fiddled with a sticky note.

"Right!" he said. "As of ... twenty-five seconds ago, you're officially in the process. Start thinking about who you want your internal references to be."

And then we went back to business as usual: what's launching, and what's planned, and why, and what we need to do about it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! Excellent next step. Fingers crossed!
Cheering Section

Cartooniste said...

So this is good, right....?

Yes!

Anonymous said...

Well, it has the opportunity to be good. Whether it actually is good remains to be seen. It should certainly be interesting in any case!