Friday, April 18, 2008

Starting to seem real

For the past week or so the whole "new job" (albeit at the same company) prospect has been sneaking up on me: a conversation here, an email there, a "how's it going?" or a "good luck!" spoken with particular intent.

But it didn't really seem real until I started putting together my resume. I've got mixed feelings about this: creating a resume is a lot less emotionally scary than it used to be. If there's one thing I know how to do, it's gather & format data. On the the other hand, there's so much data involved that I started a stack of sticky-notes just to keep track of all the places I should look. Imagine: I've been here for almost 5 years. I've worked on 2 teams in 11 buildings and when I made a list of everything I did last quarter it was a full page long. I've been gathering information - just gathering it, not thinking about whether I should include it or how to present or format it or anything like that - for the past two hours.

I have no idea what to think about this. I'm kind of amazed. And I'm kind of excited. And I'm kind of curious to see how it all turns out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm.
Just gathering it all as step one sounds familiar--it sounds like the technique of first simply listing all the things you need to do. Good.
Intrigued Reader