Wednesday, March 28, 2007

What I did last night

Everything that's built in Hyderabad is new: new buildings, new construction, new roads, new highways.

So for contrast, here is a photo of me eating chat ("north Indian spicy snacks") at the India School of Business. This particular snack was a sort of ball of fried dough, hollow, which you dunk in a sort of cilantro-mint broth so it fills up, and then try to get the whole thing in your mouth before it breaks. Lots of fun. I also got a full tour of the ISB by invitation of a woman on the team here whose husband is a current student - the campus size in the US would probably support 6,000 students. Here they've got about 450.

And to finish off with, another photo, this time of all the folks who took me out last night:



Thanks guys - it was a ton of fun.

3 comments:

moosk said...

sounds like such a fun trip! please send pics when you return!

Unknown said...

hear hear!
i was thinking about you tonight as i stayed up too late grading papers, fueled by a steady stream of lemon cupcakes. ah, college.

Anonymous said...

I'll do photos next. The cool thing is I have not only the photos I took, but also the ones the team in Hyderabad took - which adds up to some truly crazy number of photos. You could spend all day. Which is kind of scary, actually.

Lemon cupcakes? I need more of those...I miss cooking-for-no-particular-reason!