Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Times I have moved at work

Ok, so I work at a fast-growing, dynamic, quickly-evolving, and very flexible company. Yes, yes, that's nice and all, sounds a bit like the standard corporate blah blah blah - but what does it actually mean?

It means that in the less-than-four years I have worked here, I have sat in no fewer than 10 different locations. I'm listing them here so I have a way to remember them - in 20 years I bet none of this is going to seem real:

1. Temp desk in the "MoneyPlex"
2. Full-time desk in building E
3. 2nd floor building 45
4. 1st floor building 45
5. (Moved from ConOps to Checkout team) 2rd floor building 42
6. 3rd floor building 42
7. Garcia
8. An office (rather than a cube) in Garcia
9. Building 1350
10. Building 900

And no, I do not even hold the record for the most moves on my team. Gaaah! I've been saying as a joke that you can recognize the old-timers because when they send the movers for us, we have fewer than 2 boxes' worth of stuff at our desks and we can pack in under 10 minutes - but as I look at the list above, I begin to think it might actually be true.

No comments: