Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Television request

For the past year or two my guy & I have dedicatedly watched CSI (for him) and, more recently, Grey's Anatomy (for me), but CSI is increasing its percentage of gore & serial killers and as a result I showered as quickly as possible this morning, leaping out with the shampoo only half-rinsed from my hair, trying hard not to imagine the bloody palm of a Bad Guy coming to Get Me wrapping menacingly around the edge of the bathroom door frame.

Ugh. I need a new show, something engaging but less focused on random bludgeonings.

Sigh. I am such a wimp. What happened to the good old CSI days where it was just sex & gambling crimes, rather than wackos? Sex & gambling crimes I can mentally deal with by thinking, "Well, I don't date someone who does (insert elaborate and/or bizarre sex practice involving dice and/or roulette tables here) so I'm safe!" Wackos, on the other hand ... I am less sure how to persuade myself are just a plot device.

No comments: