Tuesday, May 15, 2007

I'm famous! (anonymously)

Gov Bill Richardson, of New Mexico, gave an hour-long talk at work yesterday. And I gotta admit it - I'm proud. I asked him a question he couldn't answer, which got an end of story mention in a local newspaper.

The aide in question (Adam Steinhorn) did come find me. He was a pleasant, dedicated guy who was as enthused about Richardson as you'd expect a campaign staffer to be - but he also seemed extremely sincere. He said no one had asked Richardson about the farm bill so far (!), so he was glad I had. He gave me his email address so I could send him the article my question was based on: "You Are What You Grow," by Michael Pallin in the New York Times (link may not work; try a Google News search if it doesn't).

The cool thing is, I was pretty impressed by Richardson's policies & ideas. He appears to have thought about the issues he discussed. He appears to have thought about them rationally (I've also seen Clinton & McCain speak recently, so I have some basis for comparison). I really, really want to continue to like him as a candidate.

But I'm left with one nagging question: will I get a response to my email?

1 comment:

Cartooniste said...

woo hoo! that was hysterical. i loved the aide getting yelled at the best.
any word?