Friday, November 03, 2006

Girly

I am posting this photo purely for my own amusement. This is my Halloween costume - the first time in years I dressed up, thanks to the Los Altos Costume Bank & the Junior League (I previously had no idea what the Junior League do. Apparently they rent costumes. Go Junior League go! I swear, if I'd known it was this easy I'd have been dressing up for years.)

My new Halloween strategy: wear the things you couldn't possibly get away with any other time. At work I wear faded jeans & t-shirts; on the weekends, I wear more t-shirts, fuzzy sweaters, & occasionally a leather coat. But come on, when do I get to wear bright orange tulle?! Not to mention sparkly purple wings.

Added benefit: if you have a shiny gold wand, you can tease a cat and mesmerize a baby. Or, in the words of the baby's father, "those things are like baby crack!" :)

1 comment:

Cartooniste said...

The Junior League also sells cookbooks.

At least the Junior League in Boston does. Hint, hint.

Though they didn't include my recipe for fish house punch, a knock your fairy dust off eighteenth century concoction that I have made once in awhile at Christmastime that I think sent my provisional group over the edge. Ah , well. Buy a cookbook from me and I'll write it in gratis.

You look lovely! Congratulations on your new house. Trains plus creek = wonderful thing.