Friday, November 03, 2006

Done!

It's all ours! Isn't it cute?!

Well, actually it's all ours as of December 1st. Meanwhile we get to run around our current home, madly sorting and packing (at least I do - I think the guy is more Zen about the whole moving thing). We signed the lease this morning. And while we were driving away from the leasing office, we realized that not only is it walking distance to downtown Palo Alto Ave, it's also walking distance to downtown Menlo Park! Two for the price of one.

Isn't this a great photo? This is one of my favorite kinds of weather: perfect California winter. Wet streets, not too cold, soft colors, just a little mist in the air.

You can't see it here, but the house is actually across from a creek, rather than another row of houses. And we'll be able to just barely hear the train (I like trains, so this is a good thing, and for those of you who knew me when I lived in Louisville, no, it's not near enough to rattle the windows!).

After feeling so uncertain yesterday, today I can't wait to move in. If you're someone I called while I was stressed out about deciding, thank you for holding my hand! And come for a visit real soon. . . .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
moosk said...

congratulations! a house... that's so grown-up! we'll have to plan another cross-country journey for sometime next year.