Friday, October 13, 2006

Road trips kick *!&@!!!

My guy has just left his Horrible Lawfirm Job and taken an in-house position at yet another of the Valley's Big Tech Companies. To celebrate, we went back to our roots & took a roadtrip - which I happily announced to co-workers as "I'm driving to Canada!"

Isn't the Oregon high desert just the coolest thing you've ever seen?

From Pacific North...

Check out how you can see our car's shadow in the photo - yes, this was shot out the window on highway 97, a few miles off I-5 heading north to Klamath Falls.

Road trip poetry means 297 miles to the border, a semi dipping its headlights at you at 2 am as you pass at 90 miles an hour, the sudden shock of dark volcanic rocks through the headlining clouds. The telephone poles blur and the lanes narrow from eight to two at the turnoff in the aptly named town of Weed. I remember driving I-5 with chains last New Year's, and I'm grateful for the October heat and fall leaves this time instead.

No comments: