Thursday, January 15, 2004

Oddities and Comedy

Several days ago, I ran across a reference to 'underpants gnomes.' Happily, there's an explanation at Underpants Gnomes - Wikipedia.

CNN.com - Homeless gnomes gather dust in France - Oct. 28, 2003 This is why I like France. No, really. I'm not being sarcastic. A public police statement which is *funny?!*

Ned Batchelder: How to make business card cubes And I though there was nothing good to do with old business cards. Reminds me of paper airplanes or misc. Origami we used to do in middle school during class. . . .

PlaySyzygy :
Word game.

If you ever wanted to know how homing pigeons work: CNN.com - Secret of homing pigeons revealed - Feb. 6, 2004

How archaeology gets a bad rap: CNN.com - Stonehenge riddle 'solved.' It's a girl - Jul. 10, 2003

Hipster Bingo
Is this funny if you don't live in New York? And how come I remember half this stuff from high school?

Angle-Grinder Man
British humor. I think. Or maybe social rebellion. Not sure.

Google Search: answer to life, the universe, and everything

Mind Your Own Business
This is great. Apparently one of our first coins had the right idea. Bring them back!

404 - Document Not Found More entertaining than the usual 404 error.

Weird WordsIndex Weird Words Index

The Penguin Game: need a new link to it; my last one died

object sex - www.beautyinchaos.com
A site that lets you vote on whether various inanimate objects are masculine or feminine. I can't quite overcome my Romance-language preconceptions: a window is always female, dammit! I worked hard to learn that.

Summary of proposed avian data transmission: an alternative to broadband? Avian data transmission

The Geek Test
Ha! Funnier since I started working for a tech company. . . .

jardMail - Techno Nocturnal Christmas Blues
Also funnier since I started working for a tech company.

www.paulsadowski.com/cgi-bin/random.php : A page that really does generate random web pages.

Welcome to LinkedIn
Networking site targeting employers/employees/professional contacts. Networking sites are starting to fascinate me. . . .

Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19
Self-explanatory.

Goodle Good News
If Google News got a 'cheerful' filter.

A really nice idea: that the Internet is la biblioteca de los pobres. Not mine; I read it somewhere.

Cross stitch kits and cross stitch charts, free postage Cross stitch design of a French shop window (very idealized).

AzFoo.net::Learning About Foo Odd, very odd.

Guide Kind of a cool idea.

Mysteries of the universe Multiple universes and Schrodinger's cat.

No comments: